FRIDAY 6TH MAY,2016
TOPIC: WHAT’s STOPPING YOU? FEAR OF SUCCESS! (4)
TEXT: Genesis 39:3 “And his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD made all he did to prosper in his hand.”
In order to overcome your fear of success you must do these six things:
1) Give yourself ample time to complete critical tasks on which your success hinges.
2) Guard your ‘success-already-in-progress’, and don’t engage in actions that thwart it. For example, accumulating cash reserves for your small business and then spending them on clothes instead of marketing and publicity
3) Follow up with key individuals who can influence outcomes significant to your success. Get rid of the idea that you are unworthy of their attention, or that they wouldn’t have time for someone like you. ‘Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before unknown men’ (Prov. 22:29). Boaz not only owned the field that Ruth was gleaning wheat in, he fell in love with her and married her.
Today, there are people observing you who are capable of blessing you.
4) Associate with goal-oriented finishers who get things done, and who demonstrate the right priorities in doing so. Watch how they operate and emulate the God-honouring aspects of their behaviour.
5) Consider the good you can do as a successful person. Think of the non-selfish actions you could take, or the
ministries and causes you could support, if you had wealth beyond your needs.
6) Understand that success is God’s idea, and He gives it to us to fulfill His purposes. As long as your motive is to please God and do His will, you can stand on thisScripture: ‘…the Lord gave him success in everything he did.’
MEDITATION: 3 Jn 2
STUDY THE BIBLE
ACTS 17:16-34/JDGS 7 & 8/JOB 37
Post a comment