FRIDAY 13TH MAY,2016
TOPIC: STOP COMPLAINING
TEXT: James 5:9 “Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned, Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!
Whatever you keep doing becomes a habit. That’s why James says, ‘…do not complain…’ So instead of complaining when things go wrong:
1) Practice gratitude. Giving thanks for three blessings every day energizes you and makes you feel happier. It’s impossible to be grateful and negative at the same time.
2) Encourage others. Instead of complaining about what people do wrong, focus on what they’re doing right. ‘…encourage…people who are afraid. Help those who are weak. Be patient with everyone’ (1 Thess. 5:14). It’s okay to criticize people’s weaknesses as long as you balance it with three times more praise.
3) Focus on your success. Every night before you go to bed, write down something great about your day, It could be an uplifting conversation…or an accomplishment you’re proud of. There’s truth to the old saying, ‘Nothing succeeds like success.’ When you focus on success you set the stage for more to follow.
4) Learn to let go. Instead of obsessing about what you can’t change, focus on what you can influence. When you stop trying to control everything and place your life in God’s hands, things have a way of working out.
5) Use the power of prayer. Paul says, ‘…pray…on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests… ‘ (Eph. 6:18). Prayer reduces stress, boosts positive energy, and promotes health.
When you’re under pressure, instead of complaining, plug in to God’s power and recharge your batteries.
MEDITATION: Matt. 6:31-34
STUDY THE BIBLE
ACTS 21:37;22:1-29/JDGS 17/PS 43
Post a comment