SATURDAY 23RD APRIL,2016
TOPIC: GIVE GOD HIS TITHE (3)
TEXT: Malachi 3:10 “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this, Says the LORD of hosts, If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.
When you honour the Lord in your business, He will bless your business. Imagine the advantage you’d have in the marketplace with God as your partner! Many famous Christian business people throughout history were faithful tithers. Some of these people were so blessed that before their lives were over they gave God 90 per cent of their income and lived on the other 10 per cent God says: ‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.
Test me in this… and see if i will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough to store it…all the nations will call you blessed…’ (v 10-12). When you demonstrate that God’s business means more to you than your own, He will prosper you and He invites you to ‘test’ Him in this.
How long have you known that you should tithe, wanted to tithe, said you were going to, and yet you never did? Start now—and start with what you have! What you can do now is the only influence you have over your future.
A Multi-millionaire is reputed to have made the following statement Concerning the habit of tithing: ‘l never would’ve been able to tithe the first million I made if I hadn’t tithed my first salary, which was a dollar fifty per week.’ Tithing demonstrates that you’ve conquered self- interest and the fear of lack. It’s a demonstration of faith—and God always rewards faith!
MEDITATION: 2 Cor. 8:7-8
STUDY THE BIBLE – ACTS 10:1-33/JOSHUA 7 & 8/JOB 24