FRIDAY 1ST MAY 2020
WORD FOCUS: FIVE ALL-IMPORTANT ANSWERS
TEXT: Acts 12:6-7 “And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison:…”
The presence of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is key and a must-have in our walk daily as never before. There is a dire need for everyone to arm ourselves with these answers that would shape our victory and place us to maintain the tops all the time despite what we are facing or may face. Your relationship with Jesus’ ministry is again the victory platform. These are pathfinding questions/answers that would help us.
1) ‘If God is for us, who can ever be against us?’ The assurance of God’s presence tilts the scales in your favour. So whatever you’re facing today, remind yourself, ‘God is for me.’
2) ‘Since [God] did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t [God] … give us everything else?’ (v. 32). Think about it: would God save your soul, then leave you to fend for your body and spirit? Or address your eternal needs and not your earthly ones? No!
3) ‘Who dares accuse us…? No one – for God himself has given us right standing with himself’ (v. 33). Every accusing voice, including your own, counts for nothing in the court of heaven. God’s acceptance trumps everybody else’s rejection – and He accepts you because He sees you ‘in Christ’.
4) ‘Who then will condemn us? … Christ Jesus died for us … he is sitting in the place of honour at God’s right hand, pleading for us’ (v. 34). When your accusers rise up and speak against you, Jesus, your defense lawyer, silences them. Why? Because His blood covers you!
5) ‘Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love?’ (v. 35). Paul answers his own question: ‘Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow – not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love … nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord’ (vv. 38-39). Knowing these five truths will help you stay focused and get connected with the King of Kings.
MEDITATION: 1 Jn 1:12-13
ACTS 15:1-21/JOSHUA 23 & 24/JOB 32
Godhead Interdenominational Ministry
Post a comment